Saturday, September 3, 2011

There's a new brunching babe in town...


I recently moved out of the South Bronx and into the Upper East Side (movin on up movin on up!) and I am truly in love with my neighborhood. Not only are my commutes to any part of the city a treat but there are tons of restaurants and bars to try with at least 80% offering brunch! Yes, I think I am in heaven.

I took a stroll through the neighborhood to scope out the scenario and I was inspired to write this post. As I passed by the different restaurants/bars with signs like the one below, I kept making notes to myself "ok must try this place, must try that place" etc, so I came up with my "Upper East Side Brunch Wish List". These are places I would love to try hopefully before the year ends with the other resident babe Yadira who is only a crosstown bus ride away from me!



1)Southern Hospitality: Located on 2nd Ave near 76th street this BBQ joint offers unlimited mimosas and bloody marys for an extra $11.95 with the purchase of a brunch entree. Some entree options include: Smoked Brisket Hash and Eggs, Chicken and Waffles, Pulled Pork Huevos Rancheros and more. You can get your brunch/drink on here every Saturday and Sunday from 11:30am -3:30pm. 






2) B. Cafe: Located on 75th between 2nd and 3rd ave this Belgian Beer Cafe offers brunch every Saturday and Sunday from 11:30am-4pm. No unlimited drinks here but their menu options look promising. Some of their brunch entrees include: Belgian Waffles with vanilla ice cream, Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon, Croque Monsieur, Steak Sandwich, Carbonnade Flamande which is Belgian style beef stew cooked with dark beer and Moule Frites (Mussels). As for drinks they have some interesting beer selections, bloody marys, mimosas and bellinis.

3) MXco: From the owners of Hell's Kitchen, El Centro and Vynyl this Mexican restaurant located on 2nd Ave btw 77 and 78th Street offers brunch every Saturday and Sunday from 10:00am-3:30pm. With tasty entrees like Huevos Rancheros, Breakfast Quesadilla, MXCO Brunch Burrito, French Toast and Chicken Chilaquiles get your Mexican fix here. With the purchase of any brunch item, you can get wine, beer, mimosas, margaritas, bloody marys at HAPPY HOUR prices ranging from $4-5. Orale!



4)Fulton: Located on 75th street off of 3rd Ave is a seafood restaurant that offers SUNDAY BRUNCH from 10:30-4pm. Here you can start off with an appetizer (crab cakes, arugula salad, assorted pastries) or you can go straight to the main entrees and choose between Lobster Eggs Benedict, French Toast, Pancakes, Steak and Eggs, Fulton Burger or create your own Omelet. Drinks range from $11-12 and include the usual suspects: mimosas, bellinis, bloody marys and the unusual: pearllini.




5)York Grill: Located on York Avenue between 88th and 89th street this eclectic restaurant offers a PRIX FIXE Sunday Brunch for $19.95 which includes a drink of your choice (champagne, mimosa or bloody mary), fresh basket of muffins, selection of fresh fruit and of course your entree. These entrees suddenly made my mouth water. You can choose between 14 entrees (we love choices!) that include the Traditional Eggs Benedict, Chocolate Brioche French Toast, Huevos Rancheros with baby shrimp, Grilled Half Pound Sirloin Cheeseburger, Omelets and more. If you subscribe to the deal site SCOUT MOB you can receive 50% off your bill until 11/7/11.

I am sure this list will only grow but for now these places are on my brunch radar. Expect to see some reviews for these places soon.

Do you often survey your neighborhood for the best brunch spots? What are some hidden brunch gems in your neighborhood that you would like to see the babes try? Leave your comments below!

Live-Laugh-Brunch
-Erika (Upper East Side Babe)

1 comment:

  1. I am a little jealous. I live in Parkchester in The Bronx but tell people I live in The Upper, Upper East Side LOL
    There really are some great choices in your neighborhood.
    And a way to blow a whole lot of money on kitchen stuff at Sur La Table on 3rd Ave. at 76th Street

    ReplyDelete